Monday, June 06, 2005

Peace in the midst of no quiet

Well, there's nothing new today. I, Melissa, get to do the writing because I'm better at using a lot of words to say nothing.

I'm feeling more peaceful about waiting now. I realized that I just need to use this time to relax and trust God. I know He's at work. He didn't lead us to get started on this just to drop the ball and leave us. He'll send a buyer for our house when the time is right. It looks like we'll close on the house in Coleman soon so that helps. We are anxious to get out there and get started.

We have a little plaque in our house that says "Peace is not the absence of suffering, but the presence of God within one's heart." I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I need God's presence in my heart every minute. It makes sense. It's a part of the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22). If I need peace I will get that from the Spirit. So I pray. It really helps. Of course.

It reminds me of our 2 yr old the other day. She needed me to just hold her. I was busy and tried to put her off. She ended up screaming and crying. Just being in my presence wasn't enough. She needed to feel my presence by having me hold her. That's how I feel right now. I want to feel God holding me. I need that reassurance that He's there and we're doing the right thing. We know we are; we know He's with us. But I'm like my 2 yr old throwing a fit because He isn't picking me up and holding me. Or maybe He is and I'm too busy throwing a fit to notice. I want the farm and I want it NOW! But He's a good Father and doesn't give in to that kind of thing. His timing is the best and He'll stick to that. Only the best for His children.

Melissa

1 comment:

heather said...

I'm just now beginning to read through your blog - came via humblemusings.com.

Waiting on my business to sell has been horrible. I'm so tired of the rat race.

Anyway, I'm reading from the beginning - catching up with what y'all are doing 2005 forward.

We are almost there - in Huntsville, TX. Now we're looking for land about 20 miles out of town.

This comment struck me as a good description of myself:
Well, there's nothing new today. I, Melissa, get to do the writing because I'm better at using a lot of words to say nothing.

I look forward to reading more.