Thursday, September 15, 2005

Film later

It seems that the best blog thoughts come along at about 11:30 p.m. I am just fading off to sleep and want to be sure to write about X tomorrow, but I don’t want to open my eyes to go write down the idea and I am sure I will know what the great idea was tomorrow. Today’s blog is not a late night thought. Today’s blog is about dinner with the preacher and getting the chicken tractor going and whatever other stream of thought comes my way.

The preacher and his wife and their two children and their two foster children came over for dinner this evening. We had spaghetti and bread sticks and salad and ice cream. They bought a bit more than we needed and we got to keep the extra. It is good to have people over. It would have been good even without ice cream. They both seem to be the kind of folks you would want to have over and spend an evening with. Melissa and I are both comfortable with them and the church and we’ll be joining on Sunday. Unless we don’t. The preacher is a younger guy and they want to make a difference and push the church along the route to more growth. They are facing resistance as any change agent will face. I am glad we are getting ready to join a growing church. This is particularly impressive when you take into account that the community is shrinking. No great and earth shattering occurrences during the evening. It was just a couple of families eating and playing slaps.

The chicken tractor is on the right path now with possible completion a day away. This is good as the tractor needs to get occupied soon as the chicks are getting restless. I’m not to sure I ever thought about writing the words “the chicks are getting restless” and not following it up with a lurid paragraph or two. So here goes. Or not.

Anyway, the outer shell is built and the frame for the door is ready to go. Tomorrow afternoon I will get the tarp secured and door built. The mast arm would have been done already if not for the loss of a drill bit. Right now it is raining and the wood for the moast will not react well to that. I will get a picture and force Melissa to upload it to the blog as I know all of you are trying to figure out what I am talking about.

Believe me, if I could only remember what I had planned to write about last night as I was falling asleep you would be enjoying yourself.

Roger

No comments: