Monday, January 16, 2006

Got Walk?

I am back, sort of. After almost a full month of doing pretty much nothing other than run a fever and crawl around the house I am happy to announce that I am out of bed and limping! The secondary infection that kicked my behind brought with it a case of junk going into my feet. I have had infectious arthritis before, just not for so long. I think it is a combination of the arthritis and some atrophy taking hold in my muscles. I lost 18 pounds. Heck of a diet.

This morning I took my first walk around the farm. The chicken tractors are in need of some up keep and the cows are in need of some attention. The kids did their best to keep it all going and it is, in fact, still all going because of them. Without their work we would have had a bunch of dead chickens and cows. It is just time for Dad to get out there and pay some more attention. “Tonight, tonight, won’t be like any other night, tonight I am going to milk!” You do remember that song from West Side of the Barn Story, don’t you? I am looking forward to milking and getting back in the groove. I still walk like Fred Sanford, but that is better than walking like Ironside.

To those of you that were praying for us, thank you and don’t stop, yet. We still have sick folks at the house with Stephen coming down with this junk this morning and Mitchell and Faith still fighting it off. Joy and Sam are also sick and running Melissa a bit ragged. So, please keep us in your prayers for health and recovery. Thank you so very much.

Roger

No comments: