Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

We're mostly all well now. Claire and Joy are still running fevers, but staying under 100. Had a bit of a scare when Stephen was playing with the thermometer and it said his temp was over 99. It turned out we needed a new battery. I guess the thermometer's gotten a lot of use this month. Roger wore boots to work today which was a really big deal. He's walking pretty normally now. Either that or I've gotten used to the odd limp.

The other night we had spaghetti for dinner. I'd made a huge batch and froze 3 nights worth. That turned out to be a big blessing since I was sick. Faith was able to just thaw it, cook noodles, and dinner was served. It turns out she's great at making noodles. Mine always stick together but hers were perfect. Anyway, we were eating when suddenly there was something crunchy in my sauce followed by a very bitter taste. I spit it out immediately, nevermind the bad manners example. It was a ladybug! They are all over our house, inside and out. We know this will be good come gardening season, but yuck! We all had a good laugh though. Except for Faith who was afraid to eat after that.

I'm working on my haircutting skills these days. Tonight's experiments were Roger and Stephen. Stephen's hair was almost as long as mine. It's just below his ears now. I can't tell if he likes it or not. He just says it's colder now. Roger has to wash his before we'll know, but hey, for a first time it isn't too bad. Up until now I've mostly just done buzz cuts on the boys that like those. Oh, and little Sammy got a trim too. I cut off his curls. As you'd expect with an 18 month old, he didn't sit still, but I didn't cut much. He's still a little cutie!

I've also been experimenting with yogurt. I've discovered some easier ways to make it, but the hardest one, of course, makes it the best. Oh well. At least I used some of our surplus milk!

Well, I had more to say, but I guess that pregnancy brain is getting to me. I forget everything. I learned once that it's because of a hormone that's supposed to help you forget the pain of childbirth so you'll have another baby. I don't think my hormones have it quite right. I forget everything else, but remember that 4 months from now I'm gonna hurt a lot. Fortunately I also remember the great joy that follows that pain so it's worth it. And that joy continues on and on.

Melissa

No comments: