Friday, February 10, 2006

Chipper/Shredder Blues

Bid on a chipper/shredder
Won it all on my own
Goin’ to pick it up
Down in San Antone

Went on line to ebay
Got a real good deal
I was so proud
Paid about half retail

Took a call this evenin’
That broke my heart
The engine has a bad valve
And now it won’t start

The mesquite pile just grows
They don’t serve much use
Can’t burn them ‘cause of the drought
I got the chipper/shredder blues

So close to havin’ one
A way to chip and shred
Now what am I to do
To build up the flower bed?

I got the chipper/shredder blues
I can rent, this I know
But this was a beauty
Just like the one in Fargo

The mesquite pile just grows
They don’t serve much use
Can’t burn them ‘cause of the drought
I got the chipper/shredder blues

Roger

2 comments:

Audrey said...

You are halarious! OK I have to say it...you put your ole buddy in the chipper back there...ya?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your chipper. But your song was great!