Friday, November 24, 2006

Another milestone for Gloria

I hope you aren't getting tired of this little beauty. I've always tried not to bore everyone with all the new things my babies do, but I'm tired of keeping it all to myself. God has blessed me with nine incredible children and I'm going to start bragging about them now. And if you think this is bad, just wait until I get to be a grandma!!

Gloria will be six months old on Sunday. In a way I can't believe it's been that long. But in other ways, I can't believe she's only been in my life for such a short time. She started crawling two weeks ago. She says dada frequently now. For several months Stephen and I have been certain that she is saying I love you. She occasionally says bubba. Still no mama, but she sure gets a mischievous look on her face when I ask her to say mama and she smiles and says "DADA" really loud. I think the girl already has a sense of humor (obviously she gets that from her dad). Today I asked her if she was hungry and she said, "hundee." Now, I am not sure she really understands, but she has incredibly good mimicking abilities. As a matter of fact, she'd been trying to figure out crawling, but just couldn't get it. Then a couple weeks ago, Grace was crawling around on the floor. Gloria watched her very intently, then started wiggling and squirming and making a lot of noise like she was mad. It seemed like she was trying to get down on the floor. So I put her down. Of course, I hadn't connected all this with Grace crawling until Gloria started crawling just like Grace just had! It was like she saw it and it clicked that THAT was what she needed to do with her arms.

You know, all babies learn stuff. It's just been so extra fun to watch Gloria learn it because you can SEE her learning. I can tell when that lightbulb goes on and she "gets it." I'm so glad we homeschool and I'll be able to watch that for years to come.

Anyway, here's a picture of glorious Gloria standing up. She got into a crawling position, grabbed the bars of the crib and pulled herself up. She's done this before, but this was the first time she stayed up long enough to get the camera, turn it on, and actually take the picture before she fell. And this wasn't even the first shot.



Okay, I'm done bragging for now.
Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bragging! It's nice to hear about your kids and "watch" them grow up. I'll miss you on tea time....
Ann Gregory

Betsy said...

Ok, I know I said she was smart very early on, but this is amazing! My mom says I started talking at 6 months old, so I believe you! There are kids that just -- you know -- communicate! And you know it's happening! It's not just your imagination! Thanks for posting a picture for me. I love seeing Gloria. Love and miss you...