Sunday, May 20, 2007

House - coming soon



The masonry contractor - Jim Bob - was out here Saturday and the west wall is now completed. This is important as the roof will nest in the west and east walls. You can sorta see one of the cut outs for this in the picture with Claire's head in it. Do you like her new haircut? This morning, and I mean as I am writing, the steel workers are here to begin getting the I-beams put in place. Other than the day the steel was delivered, these fellows have not been out here. The steel contractor - Johnny - has told me that his part is three to four days at the most. Yesterday, Jim Bob told me to expect Johnny to be here today and that if the I-beams get put up, then Jim Bob's crew will be out here and put up the north wall on Monday. This could mean, and I am really trying to not get too excited here, but it could mean that the house will be turned over to us by next Saturday.

The pictures are of the house from the north - thus the open wall - and from the kitchen sink. That is Claire in the bottom left and a notch for the beams is visible. The east wall is the wall in the picture.


UPDATE: 1:45 p.m. - When we got home from church Johnny and his guys were all gone. I walked out to the house ready to be disappointed. I was not. The I-beams were up and the cross beams were in place. I am almost getting optimistic about working on the house before the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--it's looking great! Congratulations!