Thursday, July 19, 2007

Glorious Sleep

I was going to post this yesterday, but didn't want to jinx it. I guess it wouldn't have mattered though.

Gloria slept all night for 3 nights in a row. She is still nursing and I never can get my kids to sleep without even waking once until they are fully weaned. But she's down to just nursing once a day now a little before bedtime.

Of those 3 nights, I actually got to sleep all night for 2 of them. That's 2 out of 3 nights I got a full night sleep! One of those nights was even a full EIGHT HOURS!! I think that is a first in 18 years!! I'm nearly always either pregnant or nursing and both of those things seem to have a way of waking you up at night. There was a stretch there before I was pregnant with our 7th, Joy, that Clark, #6, was fully weaned and I had a couple months "off." But nearly every night someone has a nightmare or needs a drink or the light on in the bathroom or they forget to turn the light off and it wakes me. . . It's very very rare that I can sleep all night. God prepared me for this though by creating me as one of those oddballs who can get by with less for a while. But 18 years? Whew! I was tired!

They made up for it last night. Several of the children woke me several times each. It was good while it lasted though!

Melissa

1 comment:

The McCarty Family said...

Woohoo! I don't know how you've done it. When Zoey sleeps through the night (about 3 nights/wk probably) it changes my whole day. And she's only 6 months.