Friday, October 19, 2007

Itsy Bitsy Spiders

We've been overrun by little baby spiders here lately. About a month ago I was covered with them when I pulled a pair of shoes out of my closet and had the babies crawl all over me before I realized they were there. I can't stand the things.

We've mentioned before that we pray each night for safety from spiders, snakes, scorpions, etc. We have quite a list and God has been faithful. We're living with fire ants in our house, and yes, we get lots of bites or stings from them. But we're doing okay anyway. Interestingly we seem to be building up an immunity to their venom. It's rare anymore for one of us to get one of those white blisters you usually get from them. Most of the time it barely even leaves a mark now.

But we have recently discovered a different little friend we've been living with. Did you know that Black Widows aren't black with a red hour glass when they are immature? And there are some varieties that get two little black hearts on their back and may or may not get the hour glass on their tummy. It seems that we have them all. As a matter of fact, I keep glancing over at the window near my computer where there is a Black Widow with her catch right now. I just finished killing one at my feet about 15 minutes ago. This has been a regular occurrence for a while, we just didn't realize they were Black Widows.

So I am guessing that God has been protecting us better than we realized for longer than we realized. There are so many hidden dangers in our lives. Most of them we never know about. And I don't just mean us living here in the country. I'm talking about every one of us. How many times have you driven down the highway and passed a recent accident and thought, "that could have been me?" Who knows if it really could have or not. And maybe those itsy bitsy spiders that are all over inside my house would never bite us anyway. But I'm one who believes that God is watching over me and my family and I am so grateful.

I'd still like to figure out how to get to the spider in my window so I could kill it. But for now, I will trust in God and keep using my trusty vacuum to get the ones I can!

Melissa

2 comments:

Ann said...

God takes such good care of us ---whether we deserve it in our eyes or not. HE is faithful to take care of us in ALL THINGS --- spiders included!
HE is GOOD!!!

Ann said...

God takes such good care of us ---whether we deserve it in our eyes or not. HE is faithful to take care of us in ALL THINGS --- spiders included!
HE is GOOD!!!