Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just Hangin' Around

Hmm. What's new around here that's worthy of blogging about? Not much really. We're currently rained in. We're getting rock laid on our new driveway in a couple days, but it wasn't soon enough.

I've gotten a bit closer to having the laundry room finished. I finished the little mini-diaper bags/purses that I made for Joy and Gloria out of scraps from my diaper bag. Roger and I made some meals for our freezer today. The freezer was hungry so we fed it.

Stephen is home visiting until the end of the month. I'd very much like to have the baby before he leaves again since we have NO idea when we will see him again. I'd like for him to get to meet his new sibling even if it is a very brief meeting that neither of them will really remember. But then at the same time, we have yet another sickness going through the family. It's some sort of sore throat/headache/high fever/cough thing. Grace had it first. Now it's Joy and Gloria. Hopefully that will be the end of it, but who knows? I do know that I don't want the baby to be born into it. So do I want the baby sooner (to meet Stephen) or later (to stay healthy)? I can't decide. Thankfully I don't have to. God has the timing all planned out.

I have been MOSTLY free of gallstone pain this past week by the way. Until I ate cheesecake last night (a slightly delayed celebration of Stephen's birthday). I guess that got it going again. I can't decide if it was worth it or not. Probably not, but it was really good. So was the big turkey dinner we had. It was soooo good to be full for the first time in a month rather than just eating enough to not be starved.

Anyway, we'd appreciate prayers for good health. And I know you aren't supposed to pray for patience, but if you have to wait for something anyway (like a new baby) it helps to be patient about it. So please pray for me for patience too--not just to wait for the baby, but to be able to deal with two very whiny, clingy little girls who don't feel good.

Melissa

No comments: