Friday, February 29, 2008

Kids' Rooms

Still no baby. That means Stephen had to leave without meeting his new sibling. I'm not sure this mattered to him, but it bothered me. And we're half way through Leap Year Day which we all thought would be a great day to have a baby, and still nothing. I'm pretty sure the baby will eventually come, but I have to admit it's starting to feel like it will never happen. We had a false alarm last night where I got very hopeful, but then I fell asleep and it all quit before it ever really got going anyway. Just enough to get me hopeful that we'd have a leap year baby AND Stephen would get to meet the baby. But he left at 8 this morning and still no baby . . .

So on the bright side, I was able to finish my painting project. Clark and Sam have a jungle theme on their wall.
boys' room

Claire, Joy and Gloria have flowers and butterflies.
Girls' room

Neither room is finished, but the painting is done. They both still need the trim around the floor, desks and shelves built in, and some sort of curtain hung in the doorway. (The boys will get hanging vines and the girls want hanging flowers, like leis or something instead of curtains). But I wanted to share what I've done so far. I am fairly happy with how it turned out.

I have no drawing ability at all. I just copied pictures from coloring pages, used a projectoscope to trace them on the wall, colored them in with paint, then re-outlined the pictures with a black Sharpie. I wasn't able to project the tree though because it was so big. I just held the picture in my hand and drew it on the wall with a pencil. It was a simple tree so it worked out okay. Good thing or I'd have been unable to do it!

Eventually we'll do new quilts for their beds, but that will wait. They are warm enough with what they have and with a baby and summer both coming, the quilt projects will wait. I learned that you DO NOT want to have a quilt in your lap during a Texas summer.

Melissa

5 comments:

Ann said...

I was just wondering if there a new baby ye, since we haven't heard from you this week....Sorry to hear Stephen has to miss the blessed event. Keep us posted. btw, the paintings on the wall are GREAT! Very creative!

Laura said...

Very nice painting job! March is a good month to have a baby...my birthday is in March! Of course, you still have time to make it today!

Laura

Closer to 40 everyday !!! said...

I love the rooms. They look great.

March is an excellent month for a baby. I thought Jacy would be a Leap Day Baby but she waited two more weeks.

Grace said...

See March is the best month to have the baby!!!!!
Clark and I were right!

Audrey said...

I love the Zebra behind...LOL
Great Rooms!