Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Heat Rash

Poor little Gloria has had a rash for the last few days. I couldn't figure out what it was. She didn't seem sick at all. It looked like heat rash, but I'd never seen heat rash get that bad before. Whatever it was, it definitely was most uncomfortable for her when she got hot. Cooling her off seemed to help her feel better.

Ezra's room is the coolest in the house and Gloria's bed was the hottest. We're planning to cool the house with earth tubes, but we're not there yet. We've lived without air conditioning before and figured we could do it again. The only one really not doing well seems to be Gloria. So we let her sleep in Ezra's room last night to see if that helped. The rash was nearly gone this morning. As the day has warmed up though it's coming back, just not as bad as it was.

So our solution was to move her to Ezra's room. She loves it.



We'd thought about putting her in the nursery before, but we were worried that she would climb in the crib and that could be a problem. So today they were both napping. Then I heard these sweet little sounds coming from that room. The sounds of a baby babbling. I went to peek and this is what I found:



I have now explained to her that the crib is Ezra's bed and she is not allowed to get in it. She has to look at him from outside of the crib. She said okay. But she's only two so we'll see how that goes. It sure was cute though.

And a quick update on our kittens, the great hunters: Last evening we found a half of a snake right where the cats hang out. Gross, yes. But we quickly realized the value of the cats because that is one less LIVE snake at our house. Still, 5 cats would be too many . . .



Melissa

2 comments:

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

Ohhh.. yeah. I hate cats, but I hate mice worse. So I allow my mice catchers to stay! OUTSIDE! But they do the job. Today my baby was yelling at the kitty. "Bad kitty". I went to look -- he had a mouse in his mouth. I said, "No -- say GOOD KITTY!!" LOL Ü hooray!

Anonymous said...

lol I know this heat rash entry is old. But I stumbled acros it looking up info on heat rashes. How cute she was in the crib with the baby.
Anyways I wanted to invite you to a message board for moms
http://www.chatterscene.com