Saturday, July 05, 2008

All Ten Together!

Last night for the first time ever, we had all ten of our children together under one roof.

Stephen is home on leave one more time before he goes to Iraq. He got home Monday, but just before picking him up we dropped off three of the kids for camp. But Stephen got to meet Ezra (who thinks it's great that he has another person to smile at) and play with his biggest admirers for a few days before the older kids came home. He also went to visit the older kids at camp one evening and they all said it was a fantastic service.

So today we all piled into the van to go to Grammy's house and see aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course Grammy and Grampy. I wanted to get a picture of all my children together and figured it would be perfect to take it in the van. They'd all be stuck there, all buckled in. But Ezra sits rear-facing. I could only get the back of his seat. I went to the back of the van figuring they could turn around, but Gloria's seat is way bigger than her and I couldn't get her in the picture. So I finally went from an angle where I could get Ezra and Gloria, but then I couldn't fit everyone in. I finally gave up so we could leave.

While at my mom's house, my sister took a picture of the whole bunch of us.


We're kind of a mess after swimming all afternoon, but we're all together!
Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you all look great! God Bless each and everyone of you. Praying Stephen has all Gods protection when he goes! Kim

JM said...

I've got a better picture than this one. I'll email it to you. Mitchell has his arms around Faith and Stephen like they're all best friends. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I looked at your picture and thought..MAN they have ALOT of kids!! Wait...we have that many too, it just doesnt' seem like so many when it is MY family :0)

Corbi in Dallas

Closer to 40 everyday !!! said...

You guys look great. It's wonderful to see you all together.