Saturday, November 01, 2008

A Picture Update

I've had some computer trouble lately. I had to get a new computer, so I was spending time backing everything up. I didn't want to load new pics on my old computer so they just kept piling up on the card. I took several pics with blog posts in mind. Here they all are at once.

This is a picture of my old pincushion that I mentioned a while back. And if you look closely you can see lots of needles laying on the floor beside the trash bag. Pretty exciting, huh? Hey, at least it's not a picture of Claire kissing one of the chickens she'd just plucked. And yes, I did find a picture of that on my camera card. I didn't ask.

Preparing for the winter. The trailer was full of wood and it was taking Roger a long time to get it unloaded. I grabbed the camera and said, "I'm going to go take a picture of everyone working hard and post it on our blog." Within seconds all the kids were out the door and helping their dad. This picture doesn't really show Grace, Joy, Sam, or Gloria. I have another picture which does, but didn't show Mitchell. It's kind of hard to get a picture of Mitchell so I went with that one for the blog. Ezra was helping me take pictures. The stacking job got done pretty quickly with all the extra hands. We frequently use the old saying, "Many hands make light work." We wonder how smaller families manage to get everything done.

We're getting a wind tower for our energy use. This is a very exciting thing for us and I imagine Roger will have to write a post devoted to that. But for now, here's a picture of him building a shed to house the um, something or other that is needed for this whole thing to work.
Our daughter, Gloria, has the most beautiful, long, blonde curls. They're kind of angelic looking and I just love them. It appears that her hair is going straight though as the curls are just on the ends. But it's still beautiful. Since she was a newborn I've been amazed at the beauty of her hair. It sparkles. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's the best I could find on my computer right now.
Anyway, I walked into the room the other day to see Gloria sitting in the rocker recliner with a pair of scissors in one hand and a long lock of blonde curl in the other hand.
I asked her how much she had cut and she said, "Two." I only saw the one lock in her hand and none anywhere else so I thought it would be okay. Then I started brushing her hair to check out the damage and more hair came out. She cut it just below her ear. I'm not evening anything out though. It was the under layer so it doesn't really show. I just commented to her sisters, "no ponytails for a while and we'll be fine." Gloria started crying, "I want ponytails!" Hmm. I guess she should have thought of that before climbing up and getting the scissors. A nameless sibling saw her climbing to get the scissors and said he/she just didn't think about stopping her. Maybe next time? Live and learn I guess.

Melissa

No comments: