Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garden Mishap

I have a really great helper around here. He does so much for me. If I need a job done outside, I can just mention it and this great kid volunteers to do it.

Today I needed to get out of the house and I still needed to water the chickens and the garden. So I asked my helper and he readily agreed. Then there was a problem with the sprayer on the end of the hose. But he managed to get the job done anyway.

Unfortunately, he forgot to shut the door to the "garden tractor" and the chickens got in. I think he's apologized about 20 times and made no excuses. He just said, "I'm so sorry. I guess I was just careless." So I'm not mad. I'm just very disappointed.

Much of the garden looked like it had been a very enjoyable dirt bath for the chickens. It was quite a mess.

But we have it put back together and there are a few things that, in the dark, appeared to be okay. We'll check it out tomorrow.

On the bright side, it's still so early in the season we should be able to replant and still do lots of gardening this year. And that mistake will not be made by that child again. He's too sarmt for that. :-)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your right, you have plenty of time to replant.

When one of the kids does something silly, we always say "well, that was s-m-r-t"

Your sarmt reminded me of that, LOL