Friday, June 26, 2009

Our New Porch

I've been putting off blogging about the new porch because I wanted to post pictures after it's all done. Well, I wanted to update what's going on and that's been a HUGE project around here.

I believe I posted some pics a while back of the porch. The big project has been putting a roof on that porch. It's not done yet, so I'm not going to go take pics yet. But trust me, it's lookin' good.

This roof allows us to eat breakfast without the sun blinding us in the morning.

It gives us shade to sit in outside where there's nearly always a nice breeze, even though the temps have been over 100 every day for too long now.

It adds to our "living space" by quite a bit.

When it rains, we won't have to close out the cooler air to keep the water out of the house.

It makes the house look a lot more like a house and less like a big box.

Roger's going to have a place to hang fans outside giving us even more of a breeze. And his sister, Ronda, makes these really cool pulls to hang on the end of the chain and she gave us a bunch of them for our fans. I'll be sure to share pics of those once the project is complete. She is very creative and artistic and these are just fantastic looking. I can't wait to hang them up.

No comments: