Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I love Jesus with all my heart

We all had the flu over the summer. Swine flu? Avian flu? Regular flu? Who knows? I just know we were sick and it wasn't fun. About 2 days later we were fine, but coughed for a couple weeks off and on. Just weird little coughing fits that were awful, then it was gone. No more symptoms--except for one. I found myself breathless all the time and tired--more so than usual. There was a tightness in my chest pretty often. I blew it all off as pregnancy stuff.

A couple weeks ago it occurred to me that it wasn't normal to have been feeling this way so early in pregnancy. It dawned on me that something was wrong and getting worse.

I'm not trying to encourage anyone to avoid doctors the way I do, but I do. I've had more health problems get worse due to doctors than better and just really try to fix things on my own before I go to the doctor. Usually there is a natural solution that works for me better than the drugs and surgery the doctors want to push. Not saying that's always the best way to handle things, just saying. I want you to understand where I'm coming from so you'll get over that part of it and get the rest of the story. If nothing else had helped, I'd have eventually gone to the doctor. I think.

Meanwhile Roger has been praying over me every day. I've been getting instructions from my Physician (God) such as herbs to take and to go to bed earlier. Nothing major. I was beginning to do better, but it was still happening.

Sunday morning I was praying before church and felt that God was telling me to go forward and ask for prayer for my heart. I really didn't want to do that. Then when we were at church, the pastor announced that anyone who was interested could come take the Lord's Supper and that there was prayer opportunity on the sides of the room. I stood there wondering if I should really go and not wanting to. I didn't know anyone. Then Roger prompted me to go ask a certain couple we know to pray for my heart. I went. As they prayed, I felt a burning sensation in my heart. It lasted all through the morning. Then it was gone.

All my symptoms are gone now. No more tightness or shortness of breath. I can carry Ezra up the stairs and not need a long break when I get to the top. And the big test came this morning. I was up late last night, had to get up early this morning. Lately when my alarm goes off and I walk across the room to turn it off my heart pounds hard and I have to lay back down to settle it before I can start my day. This morning it should have been awful because of the short night's sleep. But I was fine. I am sleepy now, but I've been awake for 12 hours on a busy day with no nap and I am 25 weeks pregnant. So sleepy is justifiable. But I was able to get up and do laundry and get going on my day as if nothing had ever been wrong.

I just wanted to share this. Again, I'm not advocating avoiding doctors. I just want to point out that Jesus still heals and He healed me and I am so grateful and feel so great I just wanted to share it. (That run-on sentence would be spoken quickly and excitedly if you could hear me.)

I'm guessing He has big plans for this new little baby and has to keep me around a bit longer to accomplish them.

Have a blessed day!
Melissa

5 comments:

Missi said...

HalleluYah! I avoid doctors, too. I don't blame you at all. Glad to hear you're back to normal.

The Nelsons said...

I was wondering if we were still blogging.

Zoey's Mom said...

Glad to hear Jesus healed you. I had no idea you were even having problems!

Gail Heaton said...

what a wonderful report!
And I'm glad to see you are blogging again!

Grammy said...

I didn't know you were so sick. About 3 weeks ago, after having been exhausted and feverish for a week, I woke up from sleeping not being able to breathe. It was so scary to be all alone and feeling like I was dying. I called a friend who came over with an inhaler and within 15 minutes I could breath normally. But my chest hurt for about a week longer. Now I'm better. I think this cardio-pulmonary problem must be flu related.