Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Writing Books--Year B

Here is the Year B book. I would consider this 1st grade. If I remember right the font ended up smaller than I intended, but none of my kids have really minded that yet.

They do copywork every day. Also we set a timer and they spend 5 minutes working on their assignment. That's it. At the end of the week they choose one assignment and try to edit it to the best of their ability. Then they bring it to me and we edit it together. This is how they learn spelling, punctuation, etc. Once their writing is edited, they re-copy it and we save that copy. The idea is that at the end of the year we bind all those into a book and save it. But you could also just save them in a notebook.

Year B

If it takes too long to load this, you might prefer to go here to view it.

1 comment:

Rebecca Kvenvolden said...

These are INCREDIBLE!!! Bless your heart! thanks so much for sharing these with all of us. i'm planning to use all of these!