Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Writing Books--Year A

I've put together copywork and writing assignments for my kids so I don't have to do this every year. Each year I just print out their books. These have some typos, but for the most part they are very usable. Occasionally I will share them with friends. I have never heard back from anyone if they like them or use them, but they have worked great for our family. I am attempting to share them here for anyone interested in trying them out. Each book will have it's own post. I've got K-12, but they are labeled as Years A through M so that they can be used whenever I feel it is necessary without having a "grade level" assigned to them. Sometimes kids need a little more time to learn to write before you move them on to reports and such. I don't believe in pushing them too soon. And so far so good. I had one student who absolutely hated writing and cried whenever he had to. I used this method to teach him to write--copywork plus 5 minutes a day of writing on different topics. Then we chose one piece of writing per week to edit and re-copy. He ended up writing several novels just for the fun of it.

So here is Year A. I use this for Kindergarteners or Pre-K--I start them in it when we do the Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons book. The first 100 lessons go with that book.

Year A

Here's a link
to view this elsewhere in case it's too slow loading here.

No comments: